Woburn Weather Center 18.3°F
01/29/2022 08:05:00 AM
BLIZZARD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL MIDNIGHT EST TONIGHT
Blizzard Warning issued January 29 at 3:37AM EST until January 30 at 12:00AM EST by NWS Boston/Norton MA
* WHAT...Blizzard conditions expected. Total snow accumulations of 18 to 24 inches with localized 30 inches possible. Winds gusting as high as 60 mph.
* WHERE...Portions of eastern and northeastern Massachusetts and northern and southern Rhode Island.
* WHEN...From midnight tonight to midnight EST Saturday night.
* IMPACTS...Travel could be extremely difficult to impossible. Strong winds could cause tree damage.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Considerable blowing and drifting snow along with near white out conditions at times. Snowfall rates of 2 to 4 inches per hour is possible at times. .
* PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...Travel should be restricted to emergencies only. If you must travel, have a winter survival kit with you. If you get stranded, stay with your vehicle.