❰ Current Conditions
WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 1 PM WEDNESDAY TO 1 AM EST THURSDAY
Wind Advisory issued November 29 at 2:57AM EST until December 1 at 1:00AM EST by NWS Boston/Norton MA
* WHAT...South winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts between 40 and 50 mph shifting to the west. A few brief gusts up to 55 mph possible across parts of Rhode Island and Southeast Massachusetts.
* WHERE...Central and Eastern Massachusetts as well as Rhode Island.
* WHEN...From 1 PM Wednesday to 1 AM EST Thursday.
* IMPACTS...Gusty winds could blow around unsecured objects. Tree limbs could be blown down and a few power outages may result.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Strongest of the wind will be from 3 pm to 9 pm Wednesday evening.
* PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...Use extra caution when driving, especially if operating a high profile vehicle. Secure outdoor objects.
Fire Weather Planning Forecast for Southern New England
National Weather Service Boston/Norton MA
405 AM EST Tue Nov 29 2022
.DISCUSSION... High pressure builds over the region today with
lighter winds. Min RH today will be between 45 and 55 percent.
Approaching low pressure on Wednesday will bring heavy rains and
strong winds Wednesday through Thursday. Minimum relative
humidities on Wednesday will be 65 to 75 percent. .OUTLOOK...
Thursday through Saturday... Strong cold front pushes through the
region Wednesday night with rain and strong winds. Gusty winds
carry into Thursday with high pressure building in behind the
cold front. High pressure dominates Friday with lighter winds.
Low pressure brings strong winds and rain on Saturday.
Southeast Middlesex MA-
Including the cities of Cambridge, Lexington, Newton, Waltham,
405 AM EST Tue Nov 29 2022
Today Tonight Wed
Cloud Cover Pcldy Pcldy Cloudy
Precip Type None Rain Rain
Chance Precip (%) 20 100
Temp (24h trend) 44 (-9) 29 (+2) 59
RH % (24h trend) 49 (-1) 100 (0) 64
20ft Wnd AM(mph) Lgt/Var SE 7 G20
20ft Wnd PM(mph) Lgt/Var Lgt/Var S 17 G34
Precip Amount 0.00 0.00 0.30
Precip Duration 5
Precip Begin 6 AM
Precip End Continuing
Mixing Hgt (ft-AGL) 2990 240 730
Transport Wnd (kts) SE 3 SE 7 SE 13
Vent Rate (kt-ft) 8970 1680 9490
Max ADI Early 12 Poor 3 Very Poor 19 Gen Poor
Max ADI Late 15 Gen Poor 5 Very Poor 25 Fair
Max LVORI Early 3 6 3
Max LVORI Late 3 6 3
Min Vsby Early
Min Vsby Late
Sunshine Hours N/A N/A N/A
CWR 0 100
LAL No Tstms No Tstms No Tstms
Haines Index 4 4 2
.FORECAST FOR DAYS 3 THROUGH 7...
.WEDNESDAY NIGHT...Rain. Lows in the lower 30s. West winds 15 to
.THURSDAY AND THURSDAY NIGHT...Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 20s.
Highs in the lower 40s. West winds 10 to 15 mph.
.FRIDAY...Sunny. Highs in the mid 40s. Southwest winds around
.FRIDAY NIGHT...Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 30s. Southwest
winds 5 to 10 mph.
.SATURDAY...Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers. Not as cool.
Highs in the upper 50s. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph.
.SATURDAY NIGHT...Partly cloudy with a chance of showers. Lows in
the upper 30s. West winds around 10 mph.
.SUNDAY...Sunny. Highs in the upper 40s. Northwest winds 5 to
.SUNDAY NIGHT...Partly cloudy. Lows around 30. Northwest winds
around 5 mph.
.MONDAY...Partly sunny with a chance of rain and snow showers.
Highs in the upper 40s. Northwest winds around 5 mph, becoming
south around 5 mph in the afternoon.