❰ Current Conditions
BLIZZARD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL MIDNIGHT EST TONIGHT
Blizzard Warning issued January 29 at 3:37AM EST until January 30 at 12:00AM EST by NWS Boston/Norton MA
* WHAT...Blizzard conditions expected. Total snow accumulations of 18 to 24 inches with localized 30 inches possible. Winds gusting as high as 60 mph.
* WHERE...Portions of eastern and northeastern Massachusetts and northern and southern Rhode Island.
* WHEN...From midnight tonight to midnight EST Saturday night.
* IMPACTS...Travel could be extremely difficult to impossible. Strong winds could cause tree damage.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Considerable blowing and drifting snow along with near white out conditions at times. Snowfall rates of 2 to 4 inches per hour is possible at times. .
* PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...Travel should be restricted to emergencies only. If you must travel, have a winter survival kit with you. If you get stranded, stay with your vehicle.
Fire Weather Planning Forecast for Southern New England
National Weather Service Boston/Norton MA
430 AM EST Sat Jan 29 2022
A strong winter storm will batter the region today. Heavy snow,
strong winds, and near blizzard conditions will make any
firefighting operations very hazardous. High pressure brings dry but
cold conditions for Sunday. Minimum relative humidities will be 40
to 50 percent on Sunday.
OUTLOOK...Monday through Wednesday...
High pressure slides to the southeast of the region to bring a slow
warming trend for much of the week.
Southeast Middlesex MA-
Including the cities of Cambridge, Lexington, Newton, Waltham,
430 AM EST Sat Jan 29 2022
Today Tonight Sun
Cloud Cover Cloudy Mcldy Mclear
Precip Type Snow Snow None
Chance Precip (%) 100 70 0
Temp (24h trend) 20 (-16) 7 (-10) 23
RH % (24h trend) 80 (+34) 80 (-8) 46
20ft Wnd AM(mph) N 16 G40 W 8 G18
20ft Wnd PM(mph) N 18 G41 NW 14 G31 W 6
Precip Amount 1.20 0.08 0.00
Precip Duration 12 1
Precip Begin 6 AM Continuing
Precip End Continuing 11 PM
Mixing Hgt (ft-AGL) 1550 320 3170
Transport Wnd (kts) N 32 W 12 W 17
Vent Rate (kt-ft) 49600 3840 53890
ADI early 53 Gen Good 27 Fair 53 Gen Good
ADI late 55 Gen Good 19 Gen Poor 63 Good
Max LVORI early 4 3 2
Max LVORI late 4 2 3
CWR 100 100 0
LAL No Tstms No Tstms No Tstms
Haines Index 2 3 4
.FORECAST FOR DAYS 3 THROUGH 7...
.SUNDAY NIGHT...Mostly clear. Lows around 5. West winds around
.MONDAY...Mostly sunny. Highs around 30. Southwest winds around
.MONDAY NIGHT...Partly cloudy. Lows around 12. Light and variable
wind, becoming north around 5 mph after midnight.
.TUESDAY...Partly sunny. Highs in the mid 30s. North winds around
5 mph, becoming east around 5 mph in the afternoon.
.TUESDAY NIGHT AND WEDNESDAY...Mostly cloudy. Lows in the upper
20s. Highs in the mid 40s. South winds around 5 mph.
.WEDNESDAY NIGHT THROUGH THURSDAY NIGHT...Rain. Lows in the mid
30s. Highs in the upper 40s. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph.
.FRIDAY...Partly sunny with rain likely and a chance of snow.
Highs in the lower 40s. West winds 5 to 10 mph.